When doing the yoga and stretching audio classes you will get the best results by:
- Remembering never to strain, even just visualizing doing a practice that is too challenging for you now without moving, will bring you benefits. Always honor your body and be with your breath.
- Creating a peaceful environment by turning off the radio, television and even the telephone so that you can devote yourself fully to your practice. You may want to lower the lights.
- Yoga is best performed on an empty stomach, but not completely hungry. It is best to wait at least 1 to 2 hours time after you eat.
- Take off your shoes and socks. Bare feet are beneficial especially for standing poses.
- Wear comfortable clothes. Choose clothing that does not inhibit movement and stretching.
- We recommend familiarizing yourself with the audio material before performing the practice. You can read the instructions for the movements and see some images in this website by looking under the Easeful Body Theme for the yoga class. For the stretching class see the Physical Exercise Warm Up and Cool Down descriptions for some examples of stretches you might want to try.
- The volume should be at a comfortable level.
- Do not skip the mediation or cool-down (Savasana) period part of the practice. The entire class is part of a complete mind-body process. These aspects of the class are key.
- Most important of all, have fun with your practice. This is not a competition so remember not to push beyond your comfort level. Yoga will teach you to listen to your body. The smaller the steps you take the greater the rewards.
Remember that health is all about having the discernment and discipline to find your way back to the middle path while still living an interesting and passionate life. Maintain your curiosity and wonder, while at the same time know that regular practice over a long period of time of even the most simple techniques will yield health enhancing results.